Any Questions about our Sponsored STEP UP Challenge? We hope you find the answer below but, if not, please email email@example.com.
Completing Your Challenge
What is the Sponsored Step up Challenge?
We’re asking you to complete 2,023 step ups in a month to support our work. This September, join our challenge to raise money and help support and spread the word about the forgotten children of Darfur.
Do I have to complete 2,023 Step ups in September 2023?
To help you achieve 2,023 step ups in September, we have set up a plan for you, including rest days and increasing from 20 to 125 step ups a day….
If 2,023 sounds too many for you, please don’t worry – just set your own personal target. This is a personal challenge for you – we are just delighted that you are considering supporting Kids for Kids.
The Beauty of Step ups is…
…they can be done by everyone everywhere! All you need is an object to step onto. This can be a stair, bench, curb, or box!
Step ups are a great strengthening exercise and can help build muscle in the glutes, quads, and hamstrings if performed regularly. By adding weights, you can work the core, triceps and biceps too!
How do I do a Step up?
There are several options to choose from. Just choose the one that feels most comfortable for you. And if anything hurts too much, please stop or choose another option.
Option 1: The STANDARD STEP UP:
- Stand in front of an elevated surface like a step or a bench, with your feet hip-width apart. You could use a step in your house or in the garden, a box or a curb.
- Place one foot on top of the surface and push through your heel to lift your body up onto it.
- Bring the other foot to meet the first foot on top of the surface.
- Bend your knee and step down with the opposite foot. Bring the first foot down to meet the second foot on the ground.
- Alternate your leading foot each time so you are working both sides equally.
Option 2 :The SUPER STEP UP:
- This is the STANDARD STEP UP above whilst holding something weighty – dumbbells or a tin of beans! – in your hands to add resistance.
- Once you reach the top of your step, raise the weights above your head to work harder.
Option 3 :The SUPER DUPER STEP UP:
- This is the SUPER STEP UP with an added knee-lift at the top of the step.
- Instead of bringing the other foot to meet the first foot on top of the surface, raise this foot up in a knee-lift once at the top of the step and raise the weights simultaneously.
- Alternatively, if you wish to work harder still, you could add a squat once you’re back on the ground in between your step ups.
*DO IT RIGHT*
- Be sure to keep your feet hip-distance apart, not like you’re on a tightrope but also not super wide.
- Make sure you step evenly with your entire foot.
- If you have a history of knee and/or ankle injury, keep your steps light and make sure you’re not pressing down super hard or stomping.
- Always wear proper exercise shoes to keep your workout safe and efficient.
- Be sure to engage your core.
- Avoid rounding your back.
- If you experience any pain in your back, arms or legs STOP.
How long do I have to complete my challenge?
The whole month of September – from 1st September to 30th September 2023.
Why September? Can I start the challenge earlier or later than September?
Absolutely. This is our STEPtember challenge for September 2023 so that’s when most people will be taking part. But you can take on this challenge whenever it works for you. The more people who sign up, the more impact we will have.
What if I don’t complete the challenge?
If you don’t complete 2,023 step ups in September, it isn’t a problem! The most important thing is that you’ve challenged yourself. If you want to complete the challenge, you could always give yourself a bit longer to do it.
How do I sign up?
- If you are on Facebook, the easiest thing to do is join our Facebook group and set up a Facebook Fundraiser. Our Facebook group is there to motivate and support you during your challenge so do ask questions, share images, videos and updates, and get involved!
- If you aren’t on Facebook, you can set up a JustGiving page for online fundraising here. To set up your own personal fundraising page, just click on this link and ‘Start Fundraising’.
- Or, if you would prefer a paper Sponsorship form, you can use a Kids for Kids Sponsorship Form which is available here.
And then please do share with friends and family and invite them to get involved too!
Whatever you choose, please email us to let us know – and best of luck!
How do I raise sponsorship?
Here are five proven things you can do to help you hit your fundraising goal:
Lead by example. Make the first donation yourself
Share a post on your fundraising page explaining why you’re doing the challenge
Share your page on WhatsApp with friends, family, and colleagues
Post photos and videos of yourself doing the challenge
Post updates as you hit key milestones
How much should I aim to raise?
It’s always a good idea to set a low, easily obtainable target to begin with, say £150, £200 or £250. That’s 3, 4, or 5 Goats to us!
If you achieve your first target – amazing! You can always increase it to encourage your family and friends to dig a little deeper for the forgotten children of Darfur.
Can I just donate to support the STEP UPS team instead?
Yes, of course!
If you’re not keen on joining them, please do show your support by sponsoring the STEP UPS Team to give them some momentum!
We would welcome any sponsorship for this challenge – just click on ‘Donate’ here!
Do I need to do anything to send the money from my fundraisers to you?
No – all money that people donate via Facebook and JustGiving will come through to us automatically, so there’s nothing more you need to do.