CEO’s Executive Personal Assistant/Fundraiser
If you believe in sustainable development and wish to make a lasting difference to children’s lives, please join our small team at Kids for Kids.
We are currently seeking an Executive Personal Assistant/Fundraiser, which is a key role, enabling us to help even more children, showing that sustainable development is possible. You will be determined to make a long term difference in the world and will be helping us to transform the lives of 550,000 Darfur villagers. The administrative team is small; so your position is hugely important.
We are based in Dorking, Surrey, but you will be working mostly in your own home allowing flexibility for your own life. We would stress, this is a challenging, and immensely rewarding role requiring someone who is hardworking, efficient and accurate and good at managing their own time. You will interact with our donors, Patrons and celebrities as the public face of Kids for Kids.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– working closely with the Chairman/CEO to reduce her workload. You will need initiative and imagination to help lead the charity into the next decade.
– you will look after supporters, and our many volunteers, from thanking them for their donations, to keeping them up to date with the latest news from Darfur
– you will be in charge of the office, including our important databases and spreadsheets along with general office duties and maintaining office supplies
– you will be able to update the website, help organise events, run our social media campaigns and liaise with journalists
– you will excel at writing reports and news leaflets
– you will also manage our biannual mailings and emailing campaigns and therefore be familiar with MailChimp or similar
– you will be good at detail, as it is essential to maintain our records accurately
– Experienced, self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated, with initiative and the ability to work as part of the small administrative team, but essentially with the ability to work independently in your own home
– Reliable and responsible, and good at detail
– Able to use spreadsheets and formulas from the Access database, pull off queries, remove duplications etc
– Able to coordinate with volunteers, supporters and professionals
– Calm and confident individual, with first class people skills and excellent organisational and IT skills
– Ability to work on your own, and under pressure
You must have a laptop (not Mac) and Windows 10, MS Office including Access, Publisher, plus a good colour printer and fast broadband.
You will be self-employed as the hours will vary, but which are likely to be a minimum of 25 hours per week. Should you wish to exceed this you will need to justify extra hours but we would encourage you to do all you can to raise awareness and funds to help the children of Darfur.
It is important that you live within easy driving distance from Dorking so that you can visit the office once/twice a week, but you will be happy to work in your own home during normal office hours. We use Zoom for online meetings, What’s App, Skype etc. Documents are stored on One Drive.
If you are looking to make a difference in the world, you could not choose a more effective organisation. You will love to work with our supporters and, like them, know that what you do is transforming the lives of children; you will get real satisfaction from all you do. It is important that you do all you can to support the Chairman and take work off her desk! Kids for Kids is growing, and if you are ambitious, you will have the opportunity to be a key part of that future
To apply please send your CV and a Covering Letter explaining why you would like to work for Kids for Kids and how you fit the Candidate Requirements to Charlotte@kidsforkids.org.uk or visit CharityJobs: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/kids-for-kids/ceo-s-executive-personal-assistant-fundraiser/744696
Please do not telephone the office.
We apologise but because of the number of applicants we have had in the past only those on the shortlist will be contacted.