There are hundreds of villages in Darfur, so while we have adopted 81 so far, we still have a long way to go! Anything you can do to raise awareness, fundraise, or help keep our costs down will directly help us do more. Here is a handy list to give you some inspiration!
- Friends & Family: Please tell everyone you know all about us! Why not send the website link to them all right now? With Darfur out of the news, new suporters are difficult to reach. But we can do it with your help.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook and like & share our page with your friends! You will see all our latest news, and help us find new supporters. Are your a Twitter follower? Find us here: @KidsforKids
- Clubs & Organisations: One of the best ways to raise awareness and help us to find new supporters is to tell the people you already know! How about giving a talk at your place of worship, running a cake sale at work, adopting Kids for Kids as your school charity, doing a scout badge that links to world issues? The more you can spread the word, the more people we can reach. If you would like us to send you leaflets, presentations or materials to use, just drop us a line! Contact@kidsforkids.org.uk
- Press & Publicity: Are you a journalist? Got friends at a radio station? Do you write for a parish magazine or a school newsletter? Got space on your website for a link to Kids for Kids? We would love to hear from you! Contact@Kidsforkids.org.uk To see our archive of press releases just click here.
Fancy a challenge? Why not set yourself a personal challenge for 2017? A sponsored walk, hike, give up something, take on a marathon or triathlon, rope in a friend too for moral support. Contact us if you would like help.
- Ride London-Surrey 100: Join 29,000 riders as they leave the Olympic Park, head out of the city to take on the climbs of Surrey Hill, before heading back for the finish on The Mall. Every mile you cycle and every penny you raise will make a lasting difference to children in Darfur. Together, we can help families in Darfur, Sudan, have the change of a better future.
- NightRider: How about a moonlit ride around London this summer? Choose between 60km and 100km distances and raise money as you tour the famous sites!
- Make up your own! Why not set yourself a personal challenge? A sponsored walk, hike, silence, give up something for lent…. contact us if you would like help setting up your sponsorship page on MyDonate.
Fundraising & Volunteering:
- Host a “Smallest Coffee Morning”
- Join us for the annual street collection in Dorking
- Run a stall at a local fair to attract donations and raise awareness
- Why not organise your own event?
- Volunteer your skills to keep our costs down
- Invite a Speaker from Kids for Kids to your club, church or group
Recycling and Selling for Kids for Kids:
- Sell items for us (or give us a %) on e-bay
- Collect old stamps
- Recycle your printer cartridges
- Shop online using Give as you Live or The Giving Machine
Ideas for your School or Club (We are always adding to this – you are all so creative!):
- Put on a show / concert / ball / talent show
- ‘Name the Goat’ game
- Mufti day
- Cake Sale
- Crazy Hair Day
- Tuck shop in aid of Kids for Kids
- Smoothie Bar
- Auction of Promises
- Mosaic made of pennies