If you believe in sustainable development and wish to make a lasting difference to children’s lives, please join our small team at Kids for Kids.
Kids for Kids is the only charity founded specifically to help children in one of the most challenging regions of the world, Darfur, Sudan. For the past 22 years we have been transforming the lives of children through a unique package of integrated projects, working closely with the communities themselves. Life in the remote villages is measurably amongst the most deprived in the world. You will be helping transform the lives of children long term when you join our small and dedicated team.
We are based in Dorking, Surrey, in the UK but we are seeking a Volunteer Fundraiser to be based from home in the US who is passionate about communicating with our American supporters and spreading the word of Kids for Kids’ life-saving projects to the US. We have been fortunate to have had volunteers helping our friends in America for the past 21 years but sadly our current volunteer has family commitments which means she has to reluctantly give up. We really need your help now please!
This is a key role, enabling us to help even more children, showing that sustainable development is possible. The administrative team is small; your position is hugely important but you will have as much support as you need from the rest of us!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Chairman/CEO and the Fundraising team in the UK
- Looking after US supporters and volunteers, from thanking them for their donations, to keeping them up to date with the latest news from Darfur
- Helping with Global Giving, and sending thank you messages to new donors.
- Reaching out to schools and organisations in America who could support us. This is what is really important – having someone who will make friends for us in America!
- Dealing with confidential information across the company database and spreadsheets so that people know their information is secure
- Writing reports and updating leaflets to be suitable for American supporters
- Helping with our biannual US mailings and emailing campaigns – with support from the UK
- Fundraising / events experience desirable but not essential!
- Ability to work on your own and a team player
- Experienced, self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated, with initiative and the ability to work as part of the small administrative team
- Reliable and responsible
- A quick learner with a good eye for detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills, to be able to liaise with volunteers, supporters and professionals who like you really want to help children the rest of the world has forgotten
- First class people skills and excellent organisational and IT skills
- You must have a laptop (not Mac) and Windows 10, MS Office including Access, Publisher, plus a good colour printer and fast broadband
If you are looking to make a difference in the world, you could not choose a more effective organisation.
Volunteering with Kids for Kids is very flexible – may be just an hour a week. Some of the details above are our Wish List! The most important thing is to be a friendly person keen to look after and grow our US supporters.
Perhaps you have recently retired and want to make a difference in the world? This could be the answer. Any amount of time you can offer will save lives and change futures.
You will love to work with our supporters and, like them, know that what you do is transforming the lives of children; you will get real satisfaction from all you do.
Kids for Kids is growing, and you will have the opportunity to help us gain real support in the US, extending our international reach.
Please send your resume and covering letter to Mary Jane Kupsky on MaryJane-US@kidsforkids.org.uk. Mary Jane has been our Voluntary Coordinator in America and can explain more on tel. +1 (312) 835-9800 if you have any questions.